Re: [BUG REPORT] ktime_get_ts64 causes Hard Lockup

From: Jeff Merkey
Date: Wed Jan 20 2016 - 15:00:00 EST

On 1/20/16, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> On Wed, 20 Jan 2016, Jeff Merkey wrote:
>> Thomas, so far the only thing I've gotten from you are whining
>> diatribes about email ettiquette and today is the FIRST time you have
>> responded to me with any arguments that have technical merit and
>> actually address the problem. That's what I am here for, not
>> anything else. As Linus has said repeatedly, being nice doesn't seem
>> to get results. Being direct and honest does.
>>
>> I am here to make MDB run as well as I can make it on Linux and to
>> help make it run as well as possible on c86_64 and ia32. That's my
>> only objective here. That being said, I am still wanting to get
>> this fixed.
>>
>> Will you help me?
>
> If you accept, that you are not setting the tone of the conversation as you
> think it fits you.
>
> I started to give you technical answers way before you started your
> completely
> unjustified ranting. And I have done so before.
>
> I'm neither going to cope with random emails in my private inbox nor with
> top-posting and non-trimmed replies simply because that wastes my time. And
> certainly I'm not going to cope with your assumption that not being nice is
> the right way to go.
>
> It's your decision, not mine.
>
> Thanks,
>
> tglx

Oh good grief -- I guess we all have our days me included. I am sorry
to have offended you. Turn the page, next chapter. I am already
past this. BTW, I am preparing my report. Results same as before
with CONFIG_DEBUG_TIMEKEEPING, Hard Lockup again. I am running a
trace right now to see just how big RAX was this time with the
nanoseconds count.

Jeff