Re: [ANNOUNCE] 4.4-rc6-rt1

From: Grygorii Strashko
Date: Fri Jan 22 2016 - 10:36:16 EST

On 12/24/2015 12:57 AM, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
Please don't continue reading before christmas eve (or morning,
depending on your schedule). If you don't celebrate christmas,
well go ahead.

Dear RT folks!

I'm pleased to announce the v4.4-rc6-rt1 patch set. I tested it on my
AMD A10, 64bit. Nothing exploded so far, filesystem is still there.
I haven't tested it on anything else. Before someone asks: this does not
mean it does *not* work on ARM I simply did not try it.

If you are brave then download it, install it and have fun. If something
breaks, please report it. If your machine starts blinking like a
christmas tree while using the patch then *please* send a photo.

Changes since v4.1.15-rt17:
- rebase to v4.4-rc6

Known issues (inherited from v4.1-RT):
- bcache stays disabled

- CPU hotplug is not better than before

- The netlink_release() OOPS, reported by Clark, is still on the
list, but unsolved due to lack of information

- Christoph Mathys reported a stall in cgroup locking code while using
Linux containers.

You can get this release via the git tree at:

git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/rt/linux-rt-devel.git v4.4-rc6-rt1

The RT patch against 4.4-rc6 can be found here:

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.4/patch-4.4-rc6-rt1.patch.xz

The split quilt queue is available at:

https://cdn.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/4.4/patches-4.4-rc6-rt1.tar.xz

Additional note: RCU_BOOST now depends on RCU_EXPERT, so commit
3da4cab "rcu: make RCU_BOOST default on RT" is nop now.

config RCU_BOOST
bool "Enable RCU priority boosting"
depends on RT_MUTEXES && PREEMPT_RCU && RCU_EXPERT
default y if PREEMPT_RT_FULL

--
regards,
-grygorii