Re: mtd: spi-nor: fsl-quadspi: add support for ls1021a

From: Yao Yuan
Date: Sat Jan 23 2016 - 23:51:06 EST

On Sun, Jan 24, 2016 05:17 AM +0800, Brian Norris wrote:
On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 11:30:55AM -0600, Han Xu wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 22, 2016 at 3:01 AM, Yao Yuan <yao.yuan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >>
> >> Please send all patches in one patch set, this is not acceptable.
> >>

> > Thanks for your review.
> > But those patches are dts binding patch. And will send to devicetree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and some corresponding maintainer.
> >
> > Those two patch sets will send to different mail-list and maintainers separately.
> >
> > So, maybe it's better to send the patch to the maintainer accordingly and thus I think can also reduce the workload of maintainer.
> >
> > How about your think?
>
> Send the complete patch set to maintainer and cc all related
> sub-module groups, so everybody could understand the whole story.

Agreed. You apparently did not read the suggested documentation from
last time:

Documentation/devicetree/bindings/submitting-patches.txt

Particularly, points 2 and 3.

Subsystem maintainers merge binding patches, so please send them as part
of the regular series.

OK, Got it.
Thanks Han Xu and Brian Norris.

I will resend them as a complete patch set.