Re: [patch] hfs: fix hfs_readdir()

From: Dan Carpenter
Date: Tue Jan 26 2016 - 14:18:48 EST

Hm, I completely didn't see that it was a union instead of a struct. I
still think my fix is actually correct though. Now that you point out
the union, I see that my change is equivalent to just removing the '&'
char.

- memcpy(&rd->key, &fd.key, sizeof(struct hfs_cat_key));
+ memcpy(&rd->key, fd.key, sizeof(struct hfs_cat_key));

We don't want to copy sizeof(*fd.key) because that would write past the
end of the destination struct.

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 10:18:56AM -0800, Viacheslav Dubeyko wrote:
> Another worry could be the "search_key" field of the struct
> hfs_find_data.

I don't understand what you mean here.

regards,
dan carpenter