Re: [linux-review:James-Hogan/kbuild-Remove-stale-asm-generic-wrappers/20160119-183642] d979f99e9cc14e2667e9b6e268db695977e4197a BUILD DONE

From: Russell King - ARM Linux
Date: Fri Jan 29 2016 - 16:46:48 EST

On Fri, Jan 29, 2016 at 12:07:21AM +0100, Arnd Bergmann wrote:
> This doesn't sound too hard. I've picked the defaults out of the
> git history in the patch below. The only tricky part was davinci,
> which has two different addresses and requires a little rework
> to avoid circular dependencies.

I think there's a much better way to solve this.

How about we have an architecture-defined way to provide all*config
with a set of settings to be used with Kconfig to define these
integer settings, rather than papering over the problem making up
random addresses (like you're doing for the debug stuff.) Eg,
a default architecture-provided setting for KCONFIG_ALLCONFIG
that defines things such as the physical offset and the debug
addresses to be used for all*config targets?

Surely that's better than hacking around with the Kconfig files
trying to frig something into working, which can potentially confuse
people.

--
RMK's Patch system: http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/patches/
according to speedtest.net.