Re: [RFC 00/26] perf tools: Introduce hists specific format entries

From: Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
Date: Tue Feb 02 2016 - 17:22:57 EST

Em Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 03:37:43PM +0100, Jiri Olsa escreveu:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:24:24PM +0900, Namhyung Kim wrote:
> > Hi Jiri,

> > The concepth is OK. But I don't want to embed hists into the
> > hist_entry for hierarchy mode. As you said it'd be better to factor
> > out common bits and embed it both from hists and hist entry. In the
> > minimal, two rbroot (for in and out) and a format list would be
> > required IMHO.
>
> right.. however this patchset just adds the support to have
> format lists (sort and output) defined for the hists object
>
> I plan the 'cutting out common hists' part to come after this
> one and after we merge your hierachy view patchset

Ok, so I rebased it on top of my perf/core branch, adjusting some stuff
wrt recent patchkits from Namhyung (hist_entry__callchain_fprintf() is
no more, etc), and renaming that perf_hpp_list->{list,sort_list} to
->{fields,sorts} as Namhyung suggested and you agreed, it builds...

But perf top isn't showing the overhead column... there were some
changes to perf report in this patchkit to move some initializations...
will check there...

- Arnaldo