Re: complete boot failure in 4.5-rc1 caused by nvme: make SG_IO support optional

From: Keith Busch
Date: Mon Feb 08 2016 - 11:16:57 EST

On Mon, Feb 08, 2016 at 04:19:13PM +0100, Hannes Reinecke wrote:
> Ok, so what about having a 'wwid' attribute which provides combined
> information (like scsi has)?

That looks like the sensible thing to do. Thanks for pointer.

Going forward, I will solicite more feedback from scsi developers
so NVMe's external attributes better align with storage that already
solved our issues. I agree with Christoph that we never should have
relied on SCSI translations for NVMe, but we don't want to reinvent
generic solutions either.