Re: fs/udf and udftools

From: Ken Moffat
Date: Wed Feb 10 2016 - 21:19:33 EST

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 05:56:16PM -0800, Randy Dunlap wrote:
> [add Jan Kara]
>
> On 02/10/16 13:29, Steve Kenton wrote:
> > Is anyone maintaining these or am I about to volunteer for another job?
>
> CUrrent MAINTAINERS file says:
>
> UDF FILESYSTEM
> M: Jan Kara <jack@xxxxxxxx>
> S: Maintained
> F: Documentation/filesystems/udf.txt
> F: fs/udf/
>
> and that Doc. file says:
>
> For the latest version and toolset see:
> http://linux-udf.sourceforge.net/

A bit of googling for udftools suggests that gentoo are maintaining
their build, debian have patches for gcc-4 and gcc-5 among others,
Fedora have their own patches, and Arch have some patches (which
might be the same as some of hte others, I did not look).

Looks like the normal "possibly abandonned, but still useful to some
people" software, where distros keep it building.

There may also be others.

Links -

https://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/sys-fs/udftools/ChangeLog?view=markup

https://launchpad.net/debian/+source/udftools/+changelog