Re: [RFC] A first shot at asciidoc-based formatted docs

From: Jani Nikula
Date: Thu Feb 11 2016 - 08:46:12 EST

On Thu, 11 Feb 2016, Keith Packard <keithp@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I think it should be pretty easy to hack asciidoc to add diversions to
> hold TOC contents while generating the rest of the doc and then replay
> the diversion into the final document.

One of the chief complaints with the current pipeline (and some of the
proposals) has been the need to install lots of tools with lots of
dependencies. I would like to avoid the need to install bleeding edge
tools and stick to what's already widely available in distros. Thus I
would like to avoid hacking asciidoc for our needs.

Also, I'd really like to not have to decide between asciidoc and
asciidoctor, and only use features supported by both. Let the users pick
which one suits them better.

BR,
Jani.