Re: [GIT PULL] workqueue fixes for v4.5-rc3

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Thu Feb 11 2016 - 13:26:41 EST

On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 12:18 AM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> That certainly makes sense. So we should use a common debug option to force
> the 'schedule remote' machinery for all interesting subsystems instead of
> creating an extra option for each.

Yeah, let's make it easy to use and enable.

If it was split, the options would likely interact anyway (ie any
option that enables "add_timer()" to run on arbitrary cpu's wouldl
automatically also affect "queue_delayed_work()"), so it's not like it
would really be truly independent issues anyway.

And if it does show an oops or other problem due to some broken
expectations, I'd hope the oops should be enough to show what the
problem is. It did for the vmstat case.

Linus