Re: computing drop-able caches

From: Daniel Walker
Date: Fri Feb 12 2016 - 13:25:33 EST

On 02/12/2016 10:18 AM, Dave Hansen wrote:
On 02/12/2016 10:15 AM, Daniel Walker wrote:
On 02/12/2016 10:06 AM, Dave Hansen wrote:
On 01/28/2016 03:42 PM, Daniel Walker wrote:
My colleague Khalid and I are working on a patch which will provide a
/proc file to output the size of the drop-able page cache.
One way to implement this is to use the current drop_caches /proc
routine, but instead of actually droping the caches just add
up the amount.
Code, please.
We have a process for release code which doesn't allow us to send it
immediately. B
OK, how about we continue this discussion once you can release it?

I understand you want to see it, and we will release it (sometime today) .. But the code is not sophisticated, it just counts the caches which would be dropped reusing much of fs/drop_caches.c .

Daniel