Re: linux-next: manual merge of the clk tree with the samsung-krzk tree

From: Krzysztof Kozlowski
Date: Mon Feb 15 2016 - 23:30:30 EST

On 16.02.2016 13:11, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Today's linux-next merge of the clk tree got a conflict in:
>
> drivers/clk/Kconfig
> drivers/clk/samsung/Kconfig
>
> between commit:
>
> fa6439544887 ("clk: samsung: Enable COMPILE_TEST for Samsung clocks")
>
> from the samsung-krzk tree and commit:
>
> b9e65ebc654d ("clk: Move vendor's Kconfig into CCF menu section")
>
> from the clk tree.
>
> I fixed it up (they both had similar effects) and can carry the fix as
> necessary (no action is required).

Thanks!

Stephen, Mike,
James' b9e65ebc654d looks like a simpler approach to the same problem -
moving Samsung common clocks under COMMON_CLK.

If you agree I can rebase my patch on top of it so only COMPILE_TEST
would be added.

However my third patch in that set ("arm64: EXYNOS: Consolidate
ARCH_EXYNOS7 symbol into ARCH_EXYNOS" [0]) depends on it, so maybe you
could prepare a tag with everything? James patch + two of mine (also
"clk: samsung: Don't build ARMv8 clock drivers on ARMv7")?

Best regards,
Krzysztof

[0] http://www.spinics.net/lists/devicetree/msg111893.html