Re: [REGRESSION] i915: No HDMI output with 4.4

From: Oleksandr Natalenko
Date: Tue Feb 16 2016 - 13:08:16 EST

16.02.2016 14:54, Daniel Vetter wrote:
Computer DVI âââ DVI-D (Single Link)/HDMI cable âââ HDMI LG 23MP65HQ-P ===
not working

I presume the above LG screen is what you've called previously "old
monitor"?

Correct.

Computer DVI âââ DVI-D (Dual Link)/HDMI cable âââ HDMI LG 23MP65HQ-P ===
works!

Funky. Can you pls grab the debug logs (with the special patches from
Ville) for this case? I wonder why suddenly different cable and it works.

OK, but will have to steal it again, as it is the only dual link cable I could find on another workplace.

Also: Is this one of these older-ish screens where you must have a
dual-link cable to drive it at full resolution&refresh rate?
-Daniel

Single-link cable is enough to empower LG 23MP65HQ-P as its standard resolution is 1920Ã1080@60, which is supported by single-link cable.

Dual-link cable comes with 27MP55HQ-P where it is required to provide higher resolution. BTW, in my previous email one should read "27MP55HQ-P" (not "23MP55HQ-P"). It is 27" monitor. Also, this monitor works with single-link cable (but at lower resolution, I guess).