Re: [RFC v1 7/9] ASoC: msm8x16: Add sound mixer controls.

From: Srinivas Kandagatla
Date: Wed Feb 17 2016 - 05:58:10 EST

Thanks for your comments on the patch series.

On 16/02/16 20:21, Mark Brown wrote:
On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 05:33:28PM +0000, Srinivas Kandagatla wrote:

+static const char * const msm8x16_wcd_spk_boost_ctrl_text[] = {
+ "DISABLE", "ENABLE"};

On/off switches should be presented to usersrpace as on/off switches
with "Switch" at the end of their name not as SHOUTING enums. The
indentation and brace placement are also weird here.

I'm going to stop reviewing at this point. It really feels like this
code could benefit from taking a look at some modern CODEC drivers and
following the ways they do things, there appear to be a lot of these
issues throughout the series.

I totally agree with you on this and all the comments in the patchset, TBH this driver was forward ported from msm-3.10 Andriod kernel, My Idea was to retain most of code bits from that driver but it looks its a very bad Idea to start with.

I will relook into the modern codec drivers and rewrite the driver to be inline with them.

Thanks,
srini