Memory power management

From: VMHB
Date: Wed Feb 17 2016 - 11:36:55 EST

While running kernel 3.16.7-29 on an AMD based machine the clock speed is
being changed on the DDR3 modules. This is causing issues with our debugging
tools which rely on the clock.

As far as I know this should only be changed following a POWER DOWN or SELF
REFRESH sequence. This only seems to happen when Linux is booted and not under
the BIOS.

I have searched in the kernel code and on the internet and although there is
information and patches regarding power saving modes I cannot find any code in
the kernel I am using.

Can someone please give me any information on the source of this and
preferably how it can be stopped?

I am not subscribed to the list and would like to be copied personally with
any responses.