Re: Kernel docs: muddying the waters a bit

From: Jonathan Corbet
Date: Wed Feb 17 2016 - 17:14:10 EST

On Sun, 14 Feb 2016 13:27:04 +0100
Daniel Vetter <daniel.vetter@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> One concern/open I have for pro/cons are the hyperlinks from kerneldoc
> comments. Currently we have the postproc hack, iirc Jani's patches
> generated links native when extracting the kerneldoc. What's the
> solution with spinx?

So I've been trying to figure out what this refers to. Is this the
cross-reference links within the document? When I did my sphinx hack it
used a technique that, shall we say, strongly resembles what Jani's
patches did. One difference is that Sphinx has the concept of
"functions" built into it, so I use function references for those.

If you mean links to the wider world, I'm not sure I see that in Jani's
patches. It's going to be easily managed in whatever markup language we
use, though.

jon