Re: [Announce] sg3_utils-1.42 available

From: Bart Van Assche
Date: Mon Feb 22 2016 - 20:26:47 EST

On 02/18/2016 11:52 AM, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
On 16-02-17 11:59 PM, Douglas Gilbert wrote:
sg3_utils is a package of command line utilities for sending
SCSI and some ATA commands to devices. This package targets
the Linux 4, 3, 2.6 and 2.4 kernel series. It has ports to
FreeBSD, Tru64, Solaris, and Windows (cygwin and MinGW).

There are two new utilities (sg_read_attr and sg_timestamp)
and additions to many others, see the ChangeLog below. This
version tracks various changes made by www.t10.org since May
2015 until January 2016.

Missed the links:
For an overview of sg3_utils and downloads see this page:
http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sg3_utils.html
The sg_ses utility (for enclosure devices) is discussed at:
http://sg.danny.cz/sg/sg_ses.html
A full changelog can be found at:
http://sg.danny.cz/sg/p/sg3_utils.ChangeLog

Hi Doug,

Thanks for all the work you have done for maintaining sg3_utils and also for having prepared a new release. I have already downloaded version v1.42 and started using that version. The detailed changelog is helpful. However, I think for sg3_utils contributors it would be convenient to have access to the sg3_utils source code repository such that we can see all the patches that went in. Is such a repository publicly available, and if not, do you have any plans to make such a repository available ? Since I have a few patches ready that I would like to contribute to the sg3_utils package, is there a mailing list that I should CC when sending these patches to you ?

Thanks,

Bart.