Re: [REGRESSION] i915: No HDMI output with 4.4

From: Oleksandr Natalenko
Date: Wed Feb 24 2016 - 11:04:57 EST

23.02.2016 17:08, Ville SyrjÃlà ÐÐÐÐÑÐÐ:
In the meantime I think as a workaround I think you could use
something like video=HDMI-A-1:e on the kernel command line (not sure
I got the connector name right for your system). I think that should
result in the live status check to be skipped, at least when
populating the mode list.

This definitely did the trick for me:

===
[ +0.000354] [drm] forcing HDMI-A-1 connector ON
===

And single-link cable works now.

Might be a good idea to collect all the information here and put in a
bug report (https://bugs.freedesktop.org/ -> DRI -> DRM/Intel) so that
all the logs and such would be in one place.

OK.

Thanks,
Oleksandr.