ANN: libseccomp v2.3.0 released
From: Paul Moore
Date: Mon Feb 29 2016 - 11:44:17 EST
We've just released a new version of libseccomp, libseccomp version 2.3.0.
The libseccomp library provides an easy to use, platform independent interface
to the Linux enhanced syscall filtering mechanism.
This new version of libseccomp builds upon the previous release and should be
a drop-in replacement for the 2.x releases. All users are encouraged to
upgrade to the new version at their earliest convenience.
Changes in the 2.3.0 release include:
* Added support for the s390 and s390x architectures
* Added support for the ppc, ppc64, and ppc64le architectures
* Update the internal syscall tables to match the Linux 4.5-rc releases
* Filter generation for both multiplexed and direct socket syscalls on x86
* Support for the musl libc implementation
* Additions to the API to enable runtime version checking of the library
* Enable the use of seccomp() instead of prctl() on supported systems
* Added additional tests to the regression test suite
Finally, thank you to everyone who has submitted suggestions, provided testing
help, and contributed patches to the project.
security @ redhat