Bug after update kernel 3.14.62

From: Caroline
Date: Mon Feb 29 2016 - 14:35:14 EST

Hello,

Last night I did a fresh install of Peppermint 6 on an old Compact
Presario, after the install I've ran all the updates including the kernel
using Synaptic. After the updates, the laptop shut off by itself while
watching a youtube video - at the first restart, I got a kernel panic
error message. I restarted it again and maybe 10-20 minutes later, it
shut off again (did that 3-4 times). I checked the temperature, it was
ok. So I booted on the previous kernel and it didn't shut off by itself
this time. I don't know if it's related but if it is, I would like to
know what to do. Should I use the previous version only?

Thank you very much for all your work

Sincerely

Caroline