Re: [RFC] Using tip.git 'core/resources' as a baseline for a nvdimm.git topic branch

From: Ingo Molnar
Date: Fri Mar 04 2016 - 06:14:19 EST

* Dan Williams <dan.j.williams@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have nvdimm changes that depend on the re-worked region_intersects()
> routine that is presently located in -tip. Any objections with me
> using that branch as a baseline for an nvdimm.git topic branch?

No objections from me! To make it easier for you I just refreshed that branch,
to eliminate an upstream conflict, the new base is:

bc94b99636dc Merge tag 'v4.5-rc6' into core/resources, to resolve conflict

that way you can base your changes on a fairly fresh upstream kernel as well.

There are no regressions in tip:core/resources that I'm aware of.

Thanks,

Ingo