Re: [1/1] powerpc/embedded6xx: Make reboot works on MVME5100

From: Alessio Igor Bogani
Date: Wed Mar 09 2016 - 03:54:59 EST

Hi Scott,

On 9 March 2016 at 07:38, Scott Wood <oss@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2016 at 08:59:12AM +0100, Alessio Igor Bogani wrote:
>> The mtmsr() function hangs during restart. Make reboot works on
>> MVME5100 removing that function call.
[...]
> Do you know why MSR_IP was there to begin with?

I don't know that line came from arch/ppc pre git era.

> Does this board have a
> switch that determines whether boot vectors are high or low (I remember
> some 83xx boards that did), in which case is this fixing one config by
> breaking another?

I haven't found any in the documentation (Installation and Use Manual
6806800A38C February 2011 Edition pag 3 Sect. "Hardware
configuration"). Perhaps in the firmware (PPCBug)?

In any case I added Stephen Chivers in CC who is the author of the
code in hope that he knows better.

Thanks!

Ciao,
Alessio