Re: klp: remove superfluous errors in asm/livepatch.h

From: Jiri Kosina
Date: Wed Mar 09 2016 - 05:39:15 EST

On Tue, 8 Mar 2016, Jessica Yu wrote:

> Hm, I should've caught this earlier, but the notifier cleanup patch
> that removes the livepatch module notifier had kernel/module.c include
> livepatch.h for the klp_module_{coming,going} function stubs in the
> !CONFIG_LIVEPATCH case. See here: https://lkml.org/lkml/2016/2/8/1182
>
> Looking back, I now don't think it makes sense for module.c to include
> all those livepatch definitions in the first place, since all it
> needed was the klp_module_{coming,going} declarations. I guess my
> question is, since we've removed the #ifdef CONFIG_LIVEPATCH blocks
> from livepatch.h, where might be a better place for the
> klp_module_{coming,going} stubs? Perhaps they could go in module.h
> instead?

Well, once there actually are alternate stubs to be included through the
header file (like in the proposed notifier removal), it indeed makes sense
to reintroduce the #ifdef. And once it's there, it probably doesn't make
too much sense to have it guard only portion of the file.

Thanks,

--
Jiri Kosina
SUSE Labs