Re: e827091cb1 "block: merge: get the 1st and last bvec via helpers" broken

From: Jens Axboe
Date: Sat Mar 12 2016 - 16:14:49 EST

On 03/12/2016 12:51 PM, Linus Torvalds wrote:
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 6:39 AM, Ming Lei <tom.leiming@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am fine with either way, and I will prepare one patch and let Jens
decide.

So guys, this needs to be done *now*.

And Jens - this is the last time I believe you when you say late
patches are required.

The buggy patch that introduced this problem was part of that very
late pull request that I already rejected once, and you then claimed
was absolutely required.

So the dicking around with the block layer stops *now*.

Seriously. I'm pissed off.

Believe me, I'm as impressed as you are...

I've queued it up and will run it through testing and send it off later. I still think it's better to apply the fix, rather than revert the original change.

I don't want to see anything even half-way questionable during the
whole next release window. Not even during the merge window. You need
to do some serious quality control, and re-think the whole "large
changes" model.

The timing was the issue here, and yeah, it didn't work out well this time at all. It's a momentary lapse, we'll get it sorted for sure.

--
Jens Axboe