Re: [xtensa] arch/xtensa/include/asm/processor.h:14:26: fatal error: variant/core.h: No such file or directory

From: Max Filippov
Date: Sun Mar 13 2016 - 23:35:41 EST

Hello,

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 5:18 AM, Fengguang Wu <fengguang.wu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> FYI, xtensa has an error that happen in the below 2 configs:
>
> xtensa-audio_kc705_defconfig (attached as .config)
> xtensa-smp_lx200_defconfig
>
> It's too old to be bisect friendly. It'd be great if can be fixed.

I will post patches that add these core variants to xtensa arch.
There's still an issue though: they wouldn't build with the default xtensa
toolchain, because both these configurations have HiFi coprocessor and
there's assembly code in variant-specific files that saves and restores
coprocessor registers. Currently every xtensa core variant requires a
toolchain specifically built for it with corresponding configuration overlay:

http://wiki.linux-xtensa.org/index.php/Toolchain_Overlay_File

--
Thanks.
-- Max