Re: linux-next: build failure after merge of the aio tree

From: Benjamin LaHaise
Date: Mon Mar 14 2016 - 13:08:30 EST

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 03:49:15PM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote:
> Hi Ben,

> OK, so at this point (just to get rid of the build failure I have done this:
> Well, you need to negotiate that with the affected architectures.

I put in a patch to use get_user() for now since the 32 bit architectures
don't seem to have any plans for fixing this issue in a predictable
timeframe. There shouldn't be any build failures now -- I've checked ia64,
i386 and x86_64. The merge conflict looks trivial, so I won't touch
those pieces for the time being.

-ben
--
"Thought is the essence of where you are now."