[PATCH v6 0/6] EC-based USB Power Delivery support for Chrome machines
From: Tomeu Vizoso
Date: Fri Mar 18 2016 - 09:36:48 EST
this series contains a driver that exposes a power_supply to userspace
representing a port that support USB PD charging.
Allows userspace to display to the user if the machine is charging and
on which port, and if another device is being charged by a port.
This series may be best integrated through the MFD tree, for which we'll
need ACKs from Olof (for the changes to platform/chrome), from Dmitry
(for changes to cros_ec_keyb.c) and from Sebastian Reichel for the
Changes in v6:
- Return 0 if the EC doesn't support MKBP, as expected by callers.
Changes in v5:
- Check explicitly for !EC_RES_SUCCESS as suggested by Benson Leung.
- Fix type of variable passed to do_div.
Changes in v4:
- Calculate correctly the size of the payloads in
- Declare size parameters in ec_command as size_t
Changes in v3:
- Remove duplicated prototype of cros_ec_get_host_event.
- Use do_div so it builds on 32bit (suggested by 0-day kbuild bot).
- Remove sysfs attributes ext_current_lim and ext_voltage_lim because
I don't know yet where they should be placed (and don't have HW to
- Remove superfluous pre-allocated buffers ec_inbuf and ec_outbuf.
- Lots of misc comments from Stephen Boyd were addressed.
- Unregister notification listener in .remove callback.
- Only register the PD charger device if there are any PD ports in this
- Dropped patch using EC_CMD_GET_FEATURES to decide whether to create a
charger device because we are now only creating one if a EC has any PD
- Dropped patch adding power_supply types because it has been merged
Changes in v2:
- Allocate enough for the structs in cros_ec_get_host_command_version_mask,
not their pointers.
- Allocate msg in the stack in get_next_event and
get_keyboard_state_event, as suggested by Gwendal.
- Split out changes to cros_ec_commands.h and the helpers added to
mfd/cros_ec.h from the patch that adds the charger driver, as
suggested by Lee.
- Actually call get_ec_num_ports.
- Move cros_ec_usb_pd_charger_register into cros_ec_dev.c.
Sameer Nanda (1):
power: cros_usbpd-charger: Add EC-based USB PD charger driver
Tomeu Vizoso (4):
mfd: cros_ec: Add cros_ec_cmd_xfer_status helper
mfd: cros_ec: Add cros_ec_get_host_event
mfd: cros_ec: Add more definitions for PD commands
platform/chrome: Register USB PD charger device
Vic Yang (1):
mfd: cros_ec: Add MKBP event support
drivers/input/keyboard/cros_ec_keyb.c | 135 ++----
drivers/mfd/cros_ec.c | 57 ++-
drivers/platform/chrome/cros_ec_dev.c | 44 ++
drivers/platform/chrome/cros_ec_proto.c | 129 ++++++
drivers/power/Kconfig | 10 +
drivers/power/Makefile | 1 +
drivers/power/cros_usbpd-charger.c | 780 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
include/linux/mfd/cros_ec.h | 62 +++
include/linux/mfd/cros_ec_commands.h | 358 ++++++++++++++-
9 files changed, 1464 insertions(+), 112 deletions(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/power/cros_usbpd-charger.c