Re: [GIT PULL] USB driver patches for 4.6-rc1

From: Linus Torvalds
Date: Fri Mar 18 2016 - 19:02:07 EST

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 3:51 PM, Linus Torvalds
<torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The commit that ends up being marked bad is odd, but there it is:
> 69bec7259853 "USB: core: let USB device know device node".

Confirmed. Not only did it bisect to that, reverting it on top of the
current kernel fixes my machine.

So that commit is somehow buggy. I don't see what it does that would
break even with OF disabled, but something does.

I'll just revert it. The way it is done seems bogus anyway. It looks
at of_node when OF is disabled, but generally that isn't even
initialized as far as I can tell, and we have things like
dev_of_node() helpers to make sure you don't do that.

Linus