Re: [BUG] machine check Oops on Alpha

From: Bob Tracy
Date: Sun Apr 17 2016 - 23:59:19 EST

On Mon, Apr 18, 2016 at 02:32:54AM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:
> I'd be tempted to run with the patch below to see what's the value of
> `la_ptr' early on in processing (`entInt' code in entry.S looks sane to
> me, doesn't touch a2). NB a rebuild doesn't have to be costly if you only
> poke at a single file or a few which aren't e.g. headers included from
> everywhere.

Applied. Build started. Report to follow in a day or so: I've applied
other patches to my kernel source tree in the meantime, so a full build
is unavoidable at this point... I'll hold off applying any updates
after this to minimize what must be rebuilt while this issue is being
worked. Thank you for your time and trouble!

--Bob