Re: Nokia N900 retention mode in v4.6, camera buttons fun

From: Sebastian Reichel
Date: Fri Apr 29 2016 - 16:06:12 EST

Hi,

On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 03:04:50PM +0200, Pali Rohár wrote:
> > CONFIG_HSI breaks power management completely, so power management
> > with modem will be another topic.
>
> Sebastian, any idea why power management does not work for HSI?

I wasn't aware, that pm_runtime_irq_safe() basically breaks runtime
PM until Tony's fix for musb (even though it's logical when thinking
about it). Currently omap-ssi and omap-ssi-port make use of
pm_runtime_irq_safe().

Since pm_runtime_get_sync/pm_runtime_put_sync is called from
tasklets in omap-ssi (and omap-ssi-port) it cannot be simply
removed. So fixing PM for the ssi controller requires reworking
the driver in a non trivial way.

-- Sebastian