Re: Kernel docs: muddying the waters a bit

From: Daniel Vetter
Date: Tue May 03 2016 - 10:31:20 EST

Hi all,

So sounds like moving ahead with rst/sphinx is the option that should
allow us to address everyone's concerns eventually? Of course the
first one won't have it all (media seems really tricky), but I'd like
to get something awesome in this area closer to mainline. I'm stalling
on typing more fancyful gpu docs right now (with tables, pictures and
stuff) since that would require a pile of needless work to redo when
we switch a few times more ;-)

And Jani also wants to get this in, but he doesn't really want to
spend more effort on a system that can't be merged.

So sphinx/rst y/n? Jon, is that ok with you from the doc maintainer pov?

Cheers, Daniel

--
Daniel Vetter
Software Engineer, Intel Corporation