Re: [PART1 V5 08/13] svm: Add interrupt injection via AVIC

From: Paolo Bonzini
Date: Tue May 10 2016 - 10:50:13 EST

On 10/05/2016 11:19, Borislav Petkov wrote:
>> > This patch introduces a new mechanism to inject interrupt using AVIC.
>> > Since VINTR is not supported when enable AVIC, we need to inject
> "... is not supported when AVIC is enabled ..."
>
> VINTR?

The ability to request a vmexit as soon as an interrupt can be injected
(IF=GIF=1, no interrupt window, etc.). It's called the "VINTR intercept".

> Please write those things out in the commit message for maximum
> information transfer to the reader. :)

More important, where does the APM document that VINTR is not supported
when AVIC is enabled? It is certainly pointless and inefficient, but
I'm not sure where it says that it doesn't work.

Paolo