Re: Is it really correct to check for breakpoint in kernel space against ptracer's address space?

From: Andy Lutomirski
Date: Tue May 10 2016 - 11:24:09 EST

On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 4:50 AM, Ruslan Kabatsayev
<b7.10110111@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 6:33 AM, Andy Lutomirski <luto@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Is there any reason at all for TASK_SIZE to be different from TASK_SIZE_MAX?
>
> The distinction originally appears to have been introduced by commit 8492980.

Hmm.

Anyway, what kernel are you on? I think I fixed your specific issue in:

commit 27747f8bc355a2808ca9e490ab6866acd85b4c16
Author: Andy Lutomirski <luto@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu Jul 30 20:32:42 2015 -0700

perf/x86/hw_breakpoints: Fix check for kernel-space breakpoints

If that does fix it and it's a problem for you on older kernels, you
could ask for a backport.

--Andy

--
Andy Lutomirski