Re: S3 resume regression [1cf4f629d9d2 ("cpu/hotplug: Move online calls to hotplugged cpu")]

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Wed May 11 2016 - 08:44:54 EST

On Wed, 11 May 2016 15:21:16 +0300
Ville SyrjÃlà <ville.syrjala@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Yeah can't get anything from the machine at that point. netconsole
> didn't help either, and no serial on this machine. And IIRC I've
> tried ramoops on this thing in the past but unfortunately the memory
> got cleared on reboot.

Can you look at the documentation in the kernel code at

Documentation/power/basic-pm-debugging.txt And follow the procedures
for testing suspend to RAM (although it requires mostly running the
same tests as for hibernation suspending).

You can also use the tool s2ram for this as well.

See Documentation/power/s2ram.txt

Perhaps this can give us a bit more light onto the problem.

Basically the above does partial suspend and resume, and can pinpoint
problem areas down to a more select location.

Thanks!

-- Steve