Re: S3 resume regression [1cf4f629d9d2 ("cpu/hotplug: Move online calls to hotplugged cpu")]

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Wed May 11 2016 - 09:36:33 EST

On 5/11/2016 2:21 PM, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 02:11:29PM +0200, Sebastian Andrzej Siewior wrote:
On 05/11/2016 12:19 PM, Ville Syrjälä wrote:
Hi,
Hi,

I have a Lenovo Ideapad S10-3t machine here (Atom N450, 1 core, 2 HT)
which fails to resume from S3 on 4.6-rc releases. I bisected it down to

commit 1cf4f629d9d246519a1e76c021806f2a51ddba4d
Author: Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri Feb 26 18:43:39 2016 +0000

cpu/hotplug: Move online calls to hotplugged cpu

Unfortunately that won't revert cleanly, and neither does the merge
commit, so I was unable to see if that is the only problematic commit
in 4.6.

Any ideas?
do you have a backtrace or anything or is it just not working and you
end up with a blank screen?
Yeah can't get anything from the machine at that point. netconsole
didn't help either, and no serial on this machine. And IIRC I've
tried ramoops on this thing in the past but unfortunately the memory
got cleared on reboot.

Please try

# echo processors > /sys/power/pm_test

and then suspend (it should simulate a suspend, wait for approx. 5 sec and then resume, see
Documentation/power/basic_pm_debugging.txt for details). See if that works or if you can get any
traces etc.

Thanks,
Rafael