Re: [GIT] Networking

From: Sedat Dilek
Date: Thu May 19 2016 - 05:40:37 EST

On 5/19/16, Reinoud Koornstra <reinoudkoornstra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 2:20 AM, Reinoud Koornstra
> <reinoudkoornstra@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 12:51 PM, Linus Torvalds
>> <torvalds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> Yes. The attached patch that fixes the incorrect merge seems to fix
>>> things for me.
>>>
>>> That should mean that the assumption that this problem existed in v4.6
>>> too was wrong, because the incorrect merge came in later. I think
>>> Luciano mis-understood "v4.6+" to mean plain v4.6.
>>>
>>> Reinoud Koornstra, does this patch fix things for you too?
>>
>> Indeed, I meant 4.6+, not 4.6.
>> The patch you attached doesn't change existing code for me in 4.6+ as
>> these two lines are already in there.
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Reinoud.
>>

> In the 4.6+ code from today I reverted commit 5c08b0f5026f.
> Now iwlwifi works fine for me again.
> So it's as the Intel guys suspected.
> I'll attached my revert compared to the current 4.6+ development code.
> Thanks,

I am not affected by any of these iwlwifi issues.

Can you next time add the commit-subject together with the commit-id,
like this...

commit 5c08b0f5026fcc13efb947c4d1f2ca3558145f68
"iwlwifi: mvm: don't override the rate with the AMSDU len"

...it's easier for followers of this thread.

- Sedat -

[1] http://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=5c08b0f5026fcc13efb947c4d1f2ca3558145f68