Re: Builtin microcode does nothing..

From: Gabriel C
Date: Fri May 20 2016 - 12:04:14 EST

>> Does it work when you disable CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD in there?
>
> I can test this whne I'm home since I need to change the config a bit.
>
>> I have a patchset which I'm testing right now which should correct some
>> warts in builtin microcode, if you want me to, I can push it out for you
>> to test too.
>
> Sure just give me an link or tell me where I can find your testing
> patchset and I give it a try.

Some update on that.

( I still did not test with CONFIG_BLK_DEV_INITRD diabled )

I don't have myself an AMD system but someone tested the same config
but with AMD firmware and this works as expected.

[ 0.545036] microcode: microcode updated early to new patch_level=0x010000c8

So it seems just the Intel part of the code does not work.

Regards,

Gabriel C