On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 09:54:04PM +0530, Sumit Semwal wrote:
Hi Christian, Gustavo,Commit message improved and all 3 queued up for drm-misc. I haven't pushed
Thanks for these patches.
On 1 June 2016 at 20:55, Gustavo Padovan <gustavo@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
2016-06-01 Christian König <deathsimple@xxxxxxxxxxx>:+1 on the commit message consistency change; post that, please feel
From: Gustavo Padovan <gustavo.padovan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>This is working fine to me. Once the commit message is fixed:
struct fence_collection inherits from struct fence and carries a
collection of fences that needs to be waited together.
It is useful to translate a sync_file to a fence to remove the complexity
of dealing with sync_files on DRM drivers. So even if there are many
fences in the sync_file that needs to waited for a commit to happen,
they all get added to the fence_collection and passed for DRM use as
a standard struct fence.
That means that no changes needed to any driver besides supporting fences.
fence_collection's fence doesn't belong to any timeline context, so
fence_is_later() and fence_later() are not meant to be called with
v2: Comments by Daniel Vetter:
- merge fence_collection_init() and fence_collection_add()
- only add callbacks at ->enable_signalling()
- remove fence_collection_put()
- check for type on to_fence_collection()
- adjust fence_is_later() and fence_later() to WARN_ON() if they
are used with collection fences.
v3: - Initialize fence_cb.node at fence init.
Comments by Chris Wilson:
- return "unbound" on fence_collection_get_timeline_name()
- don't stop adding callbacks if one fails
- remove redundant !! on fence_collection_enable_signaling()
- remove redundant () on fence_collection_signaled
- use fence_default_wait() instead
v4 (chk): Rework, simplification and cleanup:
- Drop FENCE_NO_CONTEXT handling, always allocate a context.
- Rename to fence_array.
- Return fixed driver name.
- Register only one callback at a time.
- Document that create function takes ownership of array.
v5 (chk): More work and fixes:
- Avoid deadlocks by adding all callbacks at once again.
- Stop trying to remove the callbacks.
- Provide context and sequence number for the array fence.
v6 (chk): Fixes found during testing
- Fix stupid typo in _enable_signaling().
Signed-off-by: Gustavo Padovan <gustavo.padovan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Signed-off-by: Christian König <christian.koenig@xxxxxxx>
drivers/dma-buf/Makefile | 2 +-
drivers/dma-buf/fence-array.c | 127 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
include/linux/fence-array.h | 72 ++++++++++++++++++++++++
3 files changed, 200 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
create mode 100644 drivers/dma-buf/fence-array.c
create mode 100644 include/linux/fence-array.h
Reviewed-by: Gustavo Padovan <gustavo.padovan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
You need to Cc Sumit here to decide who is picking these patches.
It would be better to get them through the drm trees so we would need
his Ack at least.
free to add my
Acked-by: Sumit Semwal <sumit.semwal@xxxxxxxxxx>
for the 3 dma-buf/fences patches and request to take them via DRM tree
as rightly suggested by Gustavo.
out the new branch yet though, since I'm waiting for Dave to open drm-next
and pull in a few other bits first so that I can rebase.