Re: [RFC v2 2/3] crypto: Introduce CRYPTO_ALG_BULK flag

From: Baolin Wang
Date: Fri Jun 03 2016 - 03:10:38 EST

On 3 June 2016 at 14:51, Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 02:48:34PM +0800, Baolin Wang wrote:
>>
>> If we move the IV generation into the crypto API, we also can not
>> handle every algorithm with the bulk interface. Cause we also need to
>> use different methods to map one whole bio or map one sector according
>> to the algorithm whether can support bulk mode or not. Please correct
>> me if I misunderstand your points. Thanks.
>
> Which ones can't be handled this way?

What I mean is bulk mode and sector mode's difference is not only the
IV handling method, but also the method to map the data with
scatterlists.
Then we have two processes in dm-crypt ( crypt_convert_block() and
crypt_convert_bulk_block() ) to handle the data, so we can not handle

--
Baolin.wang
Best Regards