On Thu, 2016-06-02 at 17:45 -0500, Rob Herring wrote:
On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 04:41:50PM +0800, Weiqing Kong wrote:
Add MT2701 compatible string.
Signed-off-by: Weiqing Kong <weiqing.kong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/pwm-mtk-disp.txt | 5 +++--
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/pwm-mtk-disp.txt b/Documentation/devicetree/bindings/pwm/pwm-mtk-disp.txt
index f8f59ba..f2f2fa9 100644
@@ -1,9 +1,10 @@
MediaTek display PWM controller
- - compatible: should be "mediatek,<name>-disp-pwm":
- - "mediatek,mt8173-disp-pwm": found on mt8173 SoC.
+ - compatible: should be like these:
+ - "mediatek,mt2701-disp-bls": found on mt2701 SoC.
Why bls instead of pwm?
In mt6595/mt8173, we have a hardware module named pwm.
In mt2701, we have bls hardware module which includes disp pwm function,
so we named it mt2701-disp-bls rather than mt2701-disp-pwm in order to
match with hardware spec.
- "mediatek,mt6595-disp-pwm": found on mt6595 SoC.
+ - "mediatek,mt8173-disp-pwm": found on mt8173 SoC.
- reg: physical base address and length of the controller's registers.
- #pwm-cells: must be 2. See pwm.txt in this directory for a description of
the cell format.