Re: Dcache oops

From: Oleg Drokin
Date: Fri Jun 03 2016 - 14:35:51 EST

On Jun 3, 2016, at 2:22 PM, Al Viro wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 03, 2016 at 12:38:40PM -0400, Oleg Drokin wrote:
>> I am dropping NFS people since it seems to be converting into a generic VFS/dcache bug even though you need NFS or the like to trigger it - the lookup_open path.
>
> NFS bug is real; there might very well be something else, but that d_drop()
> in nfs_atomic_open() needs to be restored.

Yes, that's what I mean - after the nfs fix, there seems to be another bug in
dcache that I can now trigger once nfs bug is no longer blocking the way.

>> [ 2642.364383] BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at ffff880113f82000
>> [ 2642.365014] IP: [<ffffffff817f87d4>] bad_gs+0xd1d/0x1ba9
>
> *ow*
> Could you dump your vmlinux (and System.map) somewhere on anonftp?
> This 'bad_gs' is there simply because it's one of the few labels in
> .fixup - to say anything useful we'll need to find out where we'd
> really come from.

I see.
vmlinux with debug symbols: http://knox.linuxhacker.ru/tmp/dcache/vmlinux.gz
System.map: http://knox.linuxhacker.ru/tmp/dcache/System.map.gz

>> Hm, somehow crashdumping support is broken for the newish kernels on my test box, I guess
>> I'll try to fix it and then re-reproduce to better understand what's going on here,
>> this trace is all I have for now in case anybody has any immediate ideas.
>
> PS: Oleg, fix your MUA, please - long lines in mail are bloody annoying.

Huh, sorry about that. I kind of hoped the era of 80 columns text terminals was
mostly behind us. Time to dust off mutt, I guess.