Re: 4.7-rc3: Reported regressions from 4.7

From: Thorsten Leemhuis
Date: Mon Jun 13 2016 - 06:59:33 EST

Takashi Iwai wrote on 13.06.2016 10:20:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:07:48 +0200,
> Borislav Petkov wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 07:22:17PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>> > Hi! As announced last week in http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/2233992
>> > I'll try to write regression reports for 4.7. Find the first one below.
>> looks good, thanks for volunteering.
> Indeed, it's really appreciated!

thx!

>> So I'm wondering, would it make more sense to have a web page somewhere
>> which carries all those and gets updated when status ot any tracked
>> regression changes?

Yeah, that would be the good approach, but that would take some time and
work to set up.

> Another idea is to use "Keywords" or "Tags" field in each bugzilla
> entry. Then you can let bugzilla showing up the all such entries.

Which would mean that all regressions need to get an entry in
bugzilla.kernel.org. I'm not sure if that's a wise approach, as some
developers/subsystems don't use it afaics: some use other bug trackers,
others just use mailing lists and might not be too happy if they'd have
to deal with bugzilla.

Obviously I could file tracking bugs in our bugzilla. But I wonder if
that is worth the work; and it could lead to confusion once a regression
reporter puts some crucial information into the tracking bug entry
instead of posting it to the proper place where the developers discuss
the problem.

CU, knurd