Re: lm-senser can't detect thermal on thermal_zone

From: Zhang Rui
Date: Tue Jun 14 2016 - 09:24:27 EST

On ä, 2016-06-14 at 07:03 +0000, Kuninori Morimoto wrote:
> Hi Zhang

> > I'd prefer to say of_thermal registered thermal_zone doesn't use
> > lm-
> > sensor.
> > If you're really want to see hwmon interface, I think you should
> > use
> > thermal API (thermal_zone_device_register) directly.
> Thank you for your feedback.
> My driver is supporting both of_thermal and thermal API.
> So, switching is not a big deal.
>
> But can you teach me why of_thermal doesn't use lm-senser ??

I don't know if there is a solid reason that we can not expose the
hwmon interface. But just like the comment says, "/* No hwmon because
there might be hwmon drivers registering */", given that of_thermal
just parses THERMAL data of device tree, it is reasonable to me for
exposing thermal interfaces only.

thanks,
rui