Re: [very-RFC 0/8] TSN driver for the kernel

From: Takashi Sakamoto
Date: Tue Jun 14 2016 - 23:27:54 EST

Hi Richard,

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 19:04:44 +0200, Richard Cochran write:
>> Well, I guess I should have said, I am not too familiar with the
>> breadth of current audio hardware, high end or low end. Of course I
>> would like to see even consumer devices work with AVB, but it is up to
>> the ALSA people to make that happen. So far, nothing has been done,
>> afaict.

In OSS world, there's few developers for this kind of devices, even if it's alsa-project. Furthermore, manufacturerer for recording equipments have no interests in OSS.

In short, what we can do for these devices is just to reverse-engineering. For models of Ethernet-AVB, it might be just to transfer or receive packets, and read them. The devices are still black-boxes and we have no ways to reveal their details.

So when you require the details to implement something in your side, few developers can tell you, I think.

Regards

Takashi Sakamoto