Re: linux-next: Tree for Jun 21

From: Chris Metcalf
Date: Tue Jun 21 2016 - 10:23:39 EST

On 6/21/2016 8:42 AM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
On Tue, Jun 21, 2016 at 08:08:29AM -0400, Chris Metcalf wrote:
You need to have a tilepro toolchain (not tilegx)
Ah, should I go use TARGET=tilepro-linux ?

Yes.

and build with ARCH=tilepro.
tilepro)
ARCH=tile
CROSS_COMPILE=tilegx-linux-
if [ "$CONFIG" == "defconfig" ] ; then
CONFIG=tilepro_defconfig
fi
;;

So I suppose that too is wrong.

Yup. That's actually just building exactly what "tilegx" would build by default.

I'm not sure who builds the toolchains, but tilepro is in upstream gcc/binutils/etc
so should be easy enough to include. There's also a cross-toolchain for x64 I put
up a while ago [1] that you could grab if you wanted to try it.

[1] http://www.mellanox.com/repository/solutions/tile-scm/tilepro-x86_64.tar.bz2

--
Chris Metcalf, Mellanox Technologies
http://www.mellanox.com