Problem with gpu: ipu-v3: Fix imx-ipuv3-crtc module autoloading

From: Stanislav Meduna
Date: Wed Jun 22 2016 - 14:28:36 EST

Hi,

the c04e6e9 patch

gpu: ipu-v3: Fix imx-ipuv3-crtc module autoloading

broke display connected to a TQMa53 i.MX53 board. The lines

imx-drm display-subsystem: bound imx-ipuv3-crtc.0 (ops ipu_crtc_ops)
imx-drm display-subsystem: bound imx-ipuv3-crtc.1 (ops ipu_crtc_ops)

are not present anymore and the display shows random lines.

I am using the 4.4.12-rt19+ kernel with some local changes, but
the area of this patch is not touched by either.

I am not sure whether my device tree is at fault (I am not
an expert here nor did I created the file from scratch) or the patch
does not take some special case into account. In any case
reverting the patch solves the problem for me.

The DTS fragment is

disp1: display@disp1 {
compatible = "fsl,imx-parallel-display";
pinctrl-names = "default";
pinctrl-0 = <&pinctrl_disp1_1>;

interface-pix-fmt = "rgb24";
/*
* enable this to support parallel display or DVI
* disable LVDS bridge and TVE in this case
*/
status = "okay";
/*
* uncomment and adapt to your display to support parallel
* LCD display using video mode settings
*/
display-timings {
tx14d11vm1cpd {