Re: rstpd implementation

From: Phil
Date: Thu Jun 23 2016 - 09:56:55 EST

On 06/22/2016 08:12 PM, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
On Wed, 22 Jun 2016 12:44:52 -0500
ebiederm@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Eric W. Biederman) wrote:

Phil <pme.neratec@xxxxxx> writes:

Hi,

When looking for an RSTP daemon I found Stephen Hemminger's
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shemminger/rstp.git
<https://kernel.googlesource.com/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/shemminger/rstp#zSoyz>
with it's last commit from October 2011.

Is this implementation still in good use by anybody - or has it been
replaced/superseded by another implementation?
I don't know and when you get into user space daemons they aren't much
talked about on the kernel lists. That said you will likely fair better
on the netdev list (cc'd).

Eric
The current one I recommend is the MSTPd done by Cumulus
https://sourceforge.net/p/mstpd/wiki/Home/
But like all projects they could use help

Thank's a lot to Eric and Stephen for your answers.
In the meantime I also found https://github.com/ocedo/mstpd

Philipp