Re: [GIT pull] x86 fixes for 4.7

From: Rafael J. Wysocki
Date: Sat Jun 25 2016 - 20:41:37 EST

On Saturday, June 25, 2016 06:49:09 AM Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sat, Jun 25, 2016 at 1:25 AM, Thomas Gleixner <tglx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > please pull the latest x86-urgent-for-linus git tree from:
>
> Nope.
>
> > This update contains:
> >
> > - The final fix for the hibernation resume path which addresses the observed
> > crashes which were exposed by a recent change which sets NX on gap pages.
>
> I'm pretty sure that's not the final fix. And that it caused more
> problems than it fixed, afaik.

Well, it caused problems to happen on one system only, but it did cause them
to happen and anyway it is not the final fix.

> Adding Rafael to the cc to verify.
>
> Rafael, this is the "odd restore_pgd_addr and extra TLB flush" patch.

Right.

The (hopefully) final one is https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/9189139/
and it still is pending a test on the Boris' machine where the previous one
didn't work. If that doesn't pass, we'll need to defer it until we know
the reason and possibly make some additional changes before applying it,
so I'd rather route this one through the PM tree.

Thanks,
Rafael