Re: next build: 142 builds: 6 failed, 136 passed, 17 errors, 111 warnings (next-20160624)

From: Arnd Bergmann
Date: Mon Jun 27 2016 - 17:08:39 EST

On Monday, June 27, 2016 1:30:17 PM CEST Kevin Hilman wrote:
> Arnd Bergmann <arnd@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> > On Friday, June 24, 2016 2:28:59 PM CEST kernelci. org bot wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> 1 .config:972:warning: override: NOHIGHMEM changes choice state
> >> 1 .config:971:warning: override: SLOB changes choice state
> >> 1 .config:969:warning: override: KERNEL_XZ changes choice state
> >> 1 .config:968:warning: override: CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE changes choice state
> >> 1 .config:944:warning: override: SLOB changes choice state
> >> 1 .config:941:warning: override: CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE changes choice state
> >> 1 .config:877:warning: override: SLOB changes choice state
> >> 1 .config:875:warning: override: KERNEL_XZ changes choice state
> >> 1 .config:874:warning: override: CC_OPTIMIZE_FOR_SIZE changes choice state
> >
> > The tinyconfig warnings are really annoying
> >

> Hmm, yeah. We should probably just filter out all the kconfig warnings
> that happen when we use config fragments, since the point of the
> fragment is to override things and change state.
>
> Right now, our check for warnings is a rather simple grep, but I'll add
> this to the TODO list.

I've looked at this before and sadly, the scripts/kconfig tool can do it
right if you pass in both the base config file (defconfig, or flag for
allnoconfig/allmod/...) *and* the fragment, but the way that the Makefile
works for minconfig is that we first generate a .config file and
then add the fragment for minconfig to that, and this causes the
warnings above.

This should be fixable by patching the kernel Makefiles, but I have
not come up with a nice way to do that.

Arnd