Re: Bugzilla spam

From: Konstantin Ryabitsev
Date: Wed Jul 13 2016 - 14:38:31 EST

On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 08:28:18PM +0200, Michael Kerrisk (man-pages) wrote:
> Hello Konstantin,
>
> The man-pages Bugzilla component (as well as other components on
> Bugzilla by the look of things) is receiving vast quantities of spam.
> What can be done about this? (Just marking the bugs private and
> closing isn't workable. There's just too many bugs coming in...).

Not much can be done. :( Bugzilla's default spam-fighting capabilities
are abysmal -- I can't even delete any accounts without installing
multiple extensions. I'm actively investigating what we can do to
improve the situation and will follow up shortly.

Regards,
--
Konstantin Ryabitsev
Linux Foundation Collab Projects